b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Movies: Best of 2004 

We're rapidly approaching the end of the 2004, which means that this is about the time moviegoers get inundated with the Oscar blitz. Thus, this list could change over the next two months. I'll update it after every third or fourth movie I see, most likely all the way through the Academy Awards in the Spring. For now, though, based on the twenty-six movies I've rated on IMDB, here is my top ten thus far of 2004:

1a. The Passion of the Christ
1b. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Garden State
4. Miracle
5. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
6. Kill Bill Vol. 2
7. Friday Night Lights
8. Napolean Dynamite
9. King Arthur
10. The Butterfly Effect

Upcoming/already released movies that I want to see (and haven't mentioned previously).

I Heart Huckabees: Looks like a fun cast and a fairly off-the-wall script.

The Last Shot: A truth-is-stranger than fiction tale that sees the FBI finance a fake movie meant to bust the mob.

The Aviator: Howard Hughes' biopic, starring Leo Dicaprio as Hughes. For as much crap as he takes for being a pretty boy, I usually like his work.

If you have any suggestions, then please do fire away.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?