b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Politics: The Day After 

The last few years I've gone from political junkie to borderline apathetic (note the dearth of political posts on here the past few years). Between the Bush Administration's slide into Lame Duckishness and the never-ending campaigning that whittled a dozen bad candidates for president into two, I just couldn't bring myself to care.

Now the election is over, and even though the guy I didn't vote for won, I feel that the next few years won't just be a void of bickering and stagnation, and maybe this nation will begin to heal and move forward.

I'm willing to give Obama a chance and see if he shows himself to be more substance than style. At the same time I'm optimistic that qualified and capable leaders will emerge within my party.

Yesterday I was disappointed in America. Today I feel re-energized.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?