b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas: My Favorite Carol 

Is 'O Holy Night.'

On the way to lunch, while listening to it for the umpteenth time in the past few days, I decided that I may regard it as the most beautiful piece of music ever written.

Monday's episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip featured a jazz version from some of New Orleans' displaced (and quite talented) jazz musicians. It was amazing to say the least. Bravo to Aaron Sorkin for incorporating this into a what was already a great show!!!



ETA: The MP3 is up. Please donate to Tipitinas, if you feel so inclined I'm not sure why they didn't place the song on iTunes and charge $3 (I would have bought it), but it wasn't my call, either..

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?