b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Austin: Rock Me Like a Hurricane (Rita) 

What an apt name for a Hurricane: Rita.

It makes me want to go to Hurrican Rita Happy Hour tonight and have conflicting thoughts as to whether I'd prefer a Hurricane or a Margarita. Of course I'll stick with beer (unless it's at a Tex-Mex joint), so as not to seem gay. And by gay I mean happy, and since a hurricane is imminent I wouldn't want to appear happy, right?

Seriously, why are we preparing for a hurricane in AUSTIN, FREAKING TEXAS!?!?!?

Hurricanes happen in South Carolina and Alabama and on occasion, the Texas coast. But Austin is 200 miles from the coast. Sure we get a little wind and rain every fifth year when a tropical storm hits Corpus Christi, but we're not talking about wind and rain. Meteorologists are saying that Rita could still be a Category 1 hurricane when it hits here on Saturday. How strong is that? I have no idea, but it's more than wind and rain.

And I thought a lack of Texas football meant this weekend would suck.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?