b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Texas Football: Funny Guy! 

I'm not sure which is worse: Ivan Maisel the comedian, or Ivan Maisel the poet. Combine the two and you might just have the worst college football preview piece I've read this season.

Exhibit A:

Vince Young has it all
Quickness, size, and leadership
Complete? Needs OU
Exhibit B:

World Trade Towers stood
Bill Clinton was president
Longhorns beat Sooners
He's right on both counts, of course, but it doesn't mean that I'm not tired of reading how Texas can't beat OU. Part of sportswriting is coming up with original material.

And Haiku? Come on... write a few Sonnets or something. We used to do Haiku in fourth grade. Haiku doesn't impress me.

For the record, we're going to beat OU this season. I might just take a header off of the Cotton Bowl's upper deck if we don't.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?