b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Sports: The Coming of Spring (Vol. 1) 

Hemingway once wrote, in A Moveable Feast, "when Spring came ... there were no problems except where to be happiest."

Was ol' George a ballplayer? I believe he did have a love for the game, and if he were still around, his hard-nosed, hard-drinking demeanor would fit right in on the T. D. Sanchez roster. Maybe we could have found a spot for him manning the hot corner when we open our 2005 campaign tonight at the Krieg Complex.

As it is, we'll just have to toast Papa's spot-on assessment of the seasons, because even though the calendar says February, the blue skies and green grass signal something else. Of course my arm already feels a little sore as I think about throwing a ball for the first time since November. I'm not sure I've run since then, either. Speed has never really been my biggest asset.

Our opening opponent, the Crycho Psychos, have proven quite the nemesis for us in seasons past, to the tune of an 0-4 record against them. Something tells me, though, that 2005's going to be the "Year of the Sanchez."

Play Ball!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?