b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Sports: Hear Ye, Hear Ye 

I proclaim today, Jan. 25, as the official start of baseball. I'm tired of waiting, and basketball just isn't doing it for me.

On the way to work this morning I heard the tail end of Bucky and Erin's interview with Texas baseball coach Augie Garrido, on 1300. It reminded me that Texas' 2005 season kicks off with the annual Varsity/Alumni game this Saturday at Disch-Falk Field. The Horns take to the road next week for an opening series against Tony Gwynn's San Diego State club.

Then I got to work and clicked over to OWA. What do I find there but the opening salvo in the first 2005 war of words between Houston and Chicago.

The bad feelings between the Cubs and Houston appeared to be on ice during the offseason.

However, Cubs manager Dusty Baker turned up the heat Saturday, saying the Astros play "dirty baseball."
Ah, yeah... the sun is out and temps are in the mid-60s. The Horns are heating up the carpet at The Disch, and Dusty Baker is already crying. It feels like Spring to me.

Last year my Horns finished two wins shy of a championship. My Astros finished one game shy of playing for one. Both teams should contend again in 2005. And yes, the Cubs are still cry-baby bitches.

Play Ball!


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?