b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Random: Survey Says... 

Will at VodkaPundit and Michele at A Small Victory both have survey fever today (though the former is much more extensive than the latter).

If you're bored, stressed or need a break from the daily grind (or any and all of the above), then take a stab. Or maybe just slap'em in an e-mail and pester your co-workers.

I'm not taking the time to answer all of them (which will explain the missing numbers), but a few couldn't hurt. You'll have to visit their sites for the full surveys.

Will's

1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before? Went to Colorado, twice.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory? November 2. So much about last year involved the election. It was just a monumental date.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My Houston Astros, and an honorable mention to Mack Brown.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Michael Moore, Dan Rather, the DU crowd in general

14. Where did most of your money go? Football season expenses... six home games, three road games (including Arkansas and Colorado), hotels, game tickets, and more booze than the American Liver Association would want to hear about. had I gone to the Rose Bowl, I might have ended up spending more on Texas football than I did on rent.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Jeff Kent's walk-off HR in Game Five of the NLCS.

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2004? You know? There really isn't anything that stands out. I think I bought four CDs all year.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Quality blogging.

24. What was your favorite TV program? The West Wing. I started getting into the Bravo syndication pretty heavily.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not really. I throw around the word "hate," but truthfully I don't hate anyone. Now I really dislike a lot of people... most people, even... but no one new, I don't think.

26. What was the best book(s) you read? an old one... "Alas, Babylon," by Pat Frank

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Kanye West

28. What did you want and get? (in order) An Astros playoff berth, re-election for President Bush, a Longhorn BCS appearance

29. What did you want and not get? A win against OU, a new job.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 27... Went to Hula Hut with a group of friends for a low-key dinner.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have worked on a political campaign during election season.

34. What kept you sane? Moving, though it didn't happen until mid-December, so 23/24 of 2004 was marked by lunacy.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Natalie Portman, Kate Winslett

36. What political issue stirred you the most? The culture wars (i.e., secularist attack on Christianity) and the war on terror.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Well I've been down / I've been down too far to care / I keep getting in my car / but I'm not going anywhere." Old 97s

Michele's

CD I have in my car that I roll up the windows to listen to: Any of a number of gangsta rap Ds I own.

Book I read flat so no one could see the title: Love in the Time of Cholera

Crappiest song ever sung at karaoke: "Total Eclipse of the Heart," which I performed Old School style.

What I order at the bar when no one is listening: I've been known to drink the swirl margarita from time to time at Trudy's.

Fast food item I adore: Jack in the Box tacos, and the Caba Bowl at Taco Cabana




|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?