b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 20, 2004

Personal: I Officially Feel Old Today 

From today's e-mail:

From: (names deleted)
Subject: THS 10 Year Reunion!
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:49:38 -0600

Hi Everyone!

(Name deleted) and I are planning our 10 year reunion! We are going to have a picnic for everyone and their kids on the morning of Saturday, May 7, and a party for the adults that evening. I am hoping to reach as many people as possible via email. Please forward this to everyone you keep in touch with from our class and copy me (e-mail deleted) on the emails so that I can compile a list of the addresses. I will update everyone in about a month with more details. Thanks so much for your help and hope to see you all very soon!

Thanks,

(name deleted)
Ten years already?

I can't possibly go to this deal. Let's take a look at the most significant things I've done since high school:

Attend college- Yes, this sets me apart from a lot of my classmates, but is it meaningful?

Graduate college- Again... a dime a dozen.

Start a blog- Yay, I'm one of millions.

So I don't make a lot of money, I don't work in an exciting job, and I don't lead an even remotely interesting life, short of writing pedestrian movie reviews and the occasional witty blog entry about the Longhorns or my latest clash with annoying liberals.

Oh, and I'm not married, unlike, it seems, almost everyone else from my graduating class. Though that part doesn't bother me (most of them will be divorced and miserable by our 20th reunuion, I imagine), it means a serious lack of single girls to talk to, which when combined with a lack of high school friends that I still talk to, could result in extreme boredom. Not surprisingly, that sounds a lot like my actual high school days.

Yes, I'm seeing little reason to attend this picnic and party, short of getting piss-drunk and making a fool out of myself, which I can do just fine here in Austin with people that comprise my real base of friends.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?