b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Sports: I'm Not the Only One 

At least one NFL writer shares my opinion that the NFL has been beyond boring this season.

3. The sorry state of the league: This has been one of the least entertaining NFL seasons in years. Every time I peek at a schedule, I'm stunned at how many bad games are on tap for the coming week. Part of that has to do with parity -- it's impossible to know who's any good anymore except for a handful of teams. Part of that has to do with injuries -- there have been so many this season that most teams are playing second- and third-string guys that probably wouldn't even be in the league. The game has become unwatchable in some places. And if you think I'm lying, you probably missed the 49ers-Bears Sunday Night football contest two weeks ago.
I used to wake up energized on Sunday mornings, ready to hit the local sports bar and pig out on pigskin action. This season, though, the only thing I've had to look forward to is my Longhorn football Saturday hangover wearing off.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?