b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Random: Time to Build an Ark? 

Continuing on last night's weather theme...

Once the tornado nonsense ceased to be a threat, I met some friends out for a drink and it ultimately turned into an impromptu game of Hold'em. After seeing a late rally get me back to the even point, I decided to take off a little after midnight, feeling pretty good.

Then I walked out the door. The apartment complex's parking lot had a good two inches of standing water, if not more. Getting home was like driving through a swimming pool. Miserable doesn't even begin to describe navigating my car through that soup at 12:30. To make matters worse, I arrived home to learn that my power had gone out during the storm. Judging by my clock, it didn't come back on until almost 5. The rain, however, continued all night. The drive to work was just as schrecklich as the drive home last night.

Needless to say, I'm in a bit of a foul mood this morning.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?