b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Music: On the Road... 

I caught CMT's rankings of the Top 40 'Road' Songs on TV earlier.

A lot of it is what you'd expect: Amarillo By Morning, East Bound and Down, Route 66, Ramblin' Man, and of course, On the Road Again.

Here's their top ten:

10 Red Dirt Road Brooks & Dunn
09 Drive (For Daddy Gene) Alan Jackson
08 Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses Kathy Mattea
07 Lost Highway Hank Williams
06 Route 66 Asleep at the Wheel
05 I've Been Everywhere Johnny Cash
04 Take Me Home, Country Roads John Denver
03 Ramblin' Man The Allman Brothers Band
02 King of the Road Roger Miller
01 On the Road Again Willie Nelson
It's hard to argue with those selections, but I'd probably include a few (lesser-known, I realize) of my faves: W. Tx Teardops, by the Old 97's; Gringo Honeymoon, by Robert Earl Keen, and My Hometown, by Charlie Robison.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?