b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 22, 2004

Longhorns: A TCRM Zinger 

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I found myself laughing -- and not cringing -- at a Mack Brown comment in today's DMN. (bypass registration at Bug Me Not).

"The BCS is supposed to represent the top eight teams. It's not doing that. It represents the top two teams and a bunch of conference champions. I say give the conference champions a ring and a hug and let the top eight teams play."
(Emphasis is mine). Now some might say that because UT has gone eight years since winning its last conference championship, Brown's comment reeks of sour grapes. If that were true, though, I don't think he'd make such a broad statement. The folks in Athens, Knoxville and Boise would probably agree.

All in all, I don't really care. If you're not playing for the national title, then you're not playing for much anyway. But all of the talking heads should keep the reality of the BCS in mind the next time they go on TV and blast Texas for not ever playing in a BCS Bowl.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?