b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 17, 2004

Politics: 'Rome Wasn't Burnt in a Day' 

Though I don't usually purchase books until they're released in paperback, I think I'm going to have to buy Joe Scarborough's new release, Rome Wasn't Burnt in a Day.

Scarborogh Country, in my opinion, is far and away the best show on cable news. This book looks like a winner as well.

Scarborough shares the fruits of his experience in Congress (which he entered as part of the Republican Revolution of 1994 as a 31-year-old reformer). He shows how Washington truly functions by taking you behind the closed doors of Congress, into Oval Office meetings, onto Air Force One, and deep inside the corridors of power to which few Americans are ever granted access. He recounts what happened to the idealistic conservatives who were elected to Congress with him in 1994.
As soon as I get the chance, I'll give it a read and post my thoughts. If any other Scarborough fans have checked it out already, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?