b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Movies: May the Force Be With Me 

Why do I get the feeling that myself, and every other poor ($46 poorer, anyway) soul that has purchased the new Star Wars DVD Collection, are victims of the ultimate Jedi mind trick?

I've watched every one of these movies at least fifty times, and I'm sure that I've seen the original film on some two-hundred-plus occasions. Twice before I have bought commemorative Trilogy collections, and here I am again putting more money into Darth Lucas' already overfilled pockets.

Will we ever again see a phenomenon such as the Star Wars saga hijack popular culture? It really is amazing to think of what firm -- and consistent -- grasp it has held on our society over the course of the last twenty-seven years.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?