b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Longhorns: Say a Prayer For Me 

I just purchased three general admission bleacher tickets for Saturday's Texas-Arkansas game in loveley Fayetteville, Ark.

If this site doesn't get updated on Monday, it's because:

a) I smarted off to a drunk Razorback and got shot.

b) My buddy Mike's tires were slashed and I'm stuck in Arkansas.

c) I'm holed up in Fayetteville jail cell, pending bail.

I haven't been to Arkansas since I was about three years old. My grandma was born and raised in Altus, Ark., and we went to visit family that still lives there.

My dad has told me nightmare stories about attending Texas-Arkansas games up there, and his tales have been echoed in a number of accounts that I've heard from other Texas fans. They simply despise us there. I don't expect a warm reception, or any semblance of hospitality.

A win will work just fine.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?