b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

Blog: 'Five questions for bloggers' 

Karol has a survey for her blogging readers:

1. Why did you start a blog?

2. Do you have a blogmother/blogfather?

3. Has it helped/hurt/had no effect on your professional life?

4. Do your 'real world' friends know that you blog?

5. Do you have a blog crush? And ladies, you know who you are, please don't everyone call Ken Wheaton at once.
1. I'm still a journalist at heart, even if I'm a lazy one (which probably explains why I've never gone into "real" journalism, save for an internship and some stringing work). Blogging looked like a fun way to voice my opinions. As I've mentioned before, I'm a regular at several UT message boards, which is not too dissimilar from blogging, though I prefer the control (for lack of a better word) that blogs offer.

2. Not sure what the question means. My most direct influence for starting this blog was my friend Joanne. I jumped on the blog-reading bandwagon either late last year or early this year, but didn't think of starting my own until she started hers and convinced me to do so.

3. Probably hurt. I used to blog a lot more during work, but the last few months have been hectic and I don't have time to do both as much. You could say that working has hurt blogging more than the other way around, since I infinitely prefer the latter.

4. Most of them do. The ones that don't probably don't know what a blog is anyway. Now my family is a different story. I think I told my brother about it, but he's spent maybe a total of 20 minutes online in his lifetime, so I don't care if he knows. I'm not sure I'd want the rest of them logging on.

5. I can't say that I do.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?