b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

Music: Texas Music 

I know that most of the music content here has been Old 97's related. What can I say? They're my favorite band, and they just don't get the press that they should. But I do like other bands, and of course I enjoy propping up deserving lesser-known groups.

One such group is Yellow Belly, TX. This Dallas foursome originally hails from my hometown of Temple, TX. I caught one of their sets a few months back at a Temple bar, and I liked what I heard. Their blend of down-home Texas twang and rockin' upbeat melodies is best suited for the live stage, but their recorded material is pretty good as well.

Yellow Belly has a new single out -- "Bad Foot Down." Check it out, and if you live in the Dallas area (or Temple), they play regularly at some of the best venues around.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?