b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Pop Culture: I Love(d) the 90's 

I don't think that I'm old enough to enjoy VH1's new "I love the 90's." The thing I enjoy about the 80's version is that I was a kid then, so everything seems so foreign. The clothes were awful, the music was cheesy and everything had this weird feel to it.
 
But most of the 90's doesn't even seem that long ago. I still listen to Nirvana and Pearl Jam CDs sometimes, and with the exception of owning a jorts-free wardrobe, I don't dress much differently than I did then. Perhaps in five or ten more years, I'll look back on that decade and think the opposite. But the way I see it now, we're STILL living in the 90's.
 
You know, it just dawned on me that I avoid MTV like the plague, yet I click on VH1 regularly when I channel surf. Maybe I'm old after all. Or just lame.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?