b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Politics:Where's R. Lee Ermey? 

Random thoughts about John Kerr's acceptance speech.

"I'm John Kerry and I'm reporting for duty."

How great would it have been had R. Lee Ermey jumped on stage and barked, "BULL-SHIT, I'm gonna call you Candidate Snowball."

"John Edwards has lived the American Dream."

I have to wonder, does Edwards' dad ever get a little annoyed at this B.S. story about Edwards crawling from the ash-heap? It certainly doesn't make him look very good. If I busted my ass to raise a kid and 40 years later he made me sound like a backwoods pauper, I'd be pretty pissed.

"There were no Democrats. There were no Republicans. There were only Americans. And how we wish it had stayed that way."

Kerry and his party didn't exactly work too hard to maintain that. I'm not saying that partisanhip is the fault of just the Dems, but come on.

Rebuilding Alliances

I keep hearing the Kerry camp say that America must rebuild alliances so we can wage a more effective war against Terrorism. I'm curious, though, what alliances will assist us with that? Russia? France? Frankly, I don't want their help. Most Americans don't.

Family Values

Apparently it's time to start valuing families. Pardon me if I don't take that notion seriously, being as it comes from a man that voted against the Partial Birth Abortion Ban. Seriously, do you really care about children, Sen. Kerry? Quit grandstanding about values.

Check out VodkaPundit

Stephen Green is live-blogging the speech, and his computer is apparently a little faster than mine. This line is greatness.

The crowd is chanting "USA USA USA!!!"

How many of them were chanting that when Baghdad fell?
"I see one America, Red, White and Blue"

Well then you better alert your VP Nominee. I think he missed that memo.

Kerry on Faith

Now I actually like this section. Yes, we do need to make sure we're on God's side. Does the majority of your party agree? I think not. Oh, and I don't think George W. Bush "wears his religion on his sleeve," either.

Kerry on Science

Hey, I'm all for scientific progression. But after his speil about the Wright Brothers and JFK's promise of a moon mission, I hope Kerry keeps all of that in mind when President Bush talks about a renewed space program.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?