b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Politics: Intelligence Since 9/11 

I caught Condi Rice's appearance on Hannity and Colmes earlier. This statement stood out to me:

The terrorists only have to be right once. We have to be right 100% of the time.
Absolutely. That's one thing I think some people ignore. Our intelligence only gets mentioned when we fail. Its successes receive no publicity. The vast majority of Americans will never know if and when terrorists have plotted against us and failed.

But we have to be ready 100% of the time. The fact that al Qaeda hasn't hit us in the almost-three years since 9/11 tells me that something has gone right in that span. I find it hard to believe that OBL's minions decided to take a 36-month vacation in the wake of their most glorious victory.

Our intelligence failed us on 9/11, and incidents like Flight 327 show that skepticism of Homeland Security is warranted. All of our skyscrapers are still standing, though, so I'm willing to give a little credit for that.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?