b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Politics: 2008 Election 

All the hoopla about Barack Obama's address yesterday has me thinking about Presidential competitions that I'd like to see in 2008(granted that this is based solely on the premise that GWB wins in November).

Barack Obama (DEM) v. J.C. Watts (GOP): The late, great Tupac Shakur once rapped, "And though it feels heaven-sent, we ain't ready to have a black President." I bet Pac would change his mind if these two young, charismatic guys faced off.

John Edwards (DEM) v. Bill Frist (GOP): The Boy Wonder and the Senate Majority Leader, MD, can battle down in Dixie. I don't imagine all the yankees north of the Mason-Dixon would go for this, but maybe Major League baseball could just add another 25 Yankees-Red Sox games to the schedule and they'll be too preoccupied with that to care about the White House.

Hillary Clinton (DEM) v. Condi Rice (GOP): My Indian roommate asked me last night why America has never had a female President. I didn't have an answer, but these two represent the most likely Presidential hopefuls from their respective parties.

Hillary Clinton (DEM) v. Jeb Bush (GOP): I highly doubt America would ever elect another Bush. But I would like to think we'd never elect another Clinton, either. The two families have dominated U.S. politics for more than 15 years, so they might as well keep it going.

Tom Daschle (DEM) v. Trent Lott (GOP): Remember the old "Loser Leaves Town" wrestling matches? This race could be more like "Loser Leaves Politics... Forever." Preferably the winner would as well.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?