b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Music: Faith and the Old 97's 

Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to fully go through and discuss this interview with Old 97's bassist Murray Hammond. But suffice to say I think it's a great read.

I'm impressed to find that Murray and I share similar beliefs when it comes to faith and Christianity. Many of the ideas that he touched on are conclusions that I've come to in the past few months as well.

It's a long read, but I'd recommend it to fans fo the band, or anyone who sometimes struggles in their own walk of faith and/or sprituality. There's also a lot of good content, from a strictly musical perspective, describing the creative influences and catalysts that go into songwriting.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?