b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Music: 'Drag it Up' Arrives! 

I just bought my copy of the Old 97's sixth album, "Drag it Up." A hectic work schedule might keep me from listening to it until tonight, but I should have a review later, if not tomorrow.

It also dawned on me that I didn't post anything about their Friday night show at Stubb's. That was due to a 9 a.m. softball game Saturday, followed by an impromptu roadie to see the family in Temple.

The guys put on a good show. I would have liked to see less off of Satellite Rides (it dominated the set list) and more older stuff, but they brought their usual energetic best, so it's hard to complain. Surprisingly the band only played a few (I think I counted four) tracks off of DIU.

Best news of the night? I could have been drunk and merely thought I heard this, but I believe that Rhett said they'd be back in town in September for Austin City Limits Festival. That means a likely full show that weekend on top of the festival set.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?