b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Astros-Dodgers 7/20 

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."
 
- Tyler Durden
 
In the Astros case, it might look more like: "These are your pennant hopes, and they're ending one inning at a time."
 
If there's such thing as a must-win in July, then tonight is as close as you'll come. I started drinking 30 minutes ago.

The first rule of...
 
Maybe Phil Garner scheduled a team screening of Fight Club this afternoon? They're showing a scrappy side so far tonight (no pun intended on either level). Beltran and Bagwell drive in runs, and Berkman scores on an error by Alex Cora (who isn't having too good of a series, defensively). Pete Munro has looked sharp so far, though I'd like to see him put a fastball between Milton Bradley's shoulders before he hits the showers.

Tragic

I dozed off in the 6th (blame a big early dinner and a few beers), but I swear we were leading 4-1 at the time. Unfortunately I awoke in the 8th to see LA 7-Houston 5 at the top of my screen. I'm thankful that I fell asleep when I did. Had I watched this team blow that lead, I might have lost it.

It's just a game, right? I can try and keep telling myself that. Gagne in to face the 3-4-5 hitters. Who wants to be they go in order? 

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?