b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Dalgy Traded to NY 

I'm a little sad to see Richard Hidalgo head to the Mets.

After a promising 2000, the Astros RFer slumped in 01 and 02, before putting together a quality 2003 campaign. But after a hot start this year, he's done little since April, and his recent demotion signaled a likely end to his Houston tenure.

I had hoped that Dalgy would continue to produce the way he did last year, but he simply hasn't. And with the Stros dropping 20 of their last 32 games, this change was almost imminent.

I'll miss Richard's bat (oh let us remember the good times) and I'll really miss watching that cannon throw runners out from deep right field. Best of luck in NY, Dalgy!

Lots of discussion at OWA. I'm not sure where the Astros go from here. We pick up RP David Weathers, but our OF, from a fielding standpoint, just lost its only bright spot.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?