b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

Back Home From Omaha 

So Texas did not win the CWS after all. There have been greater tragedies in the world, so I'm not too upset. Besides, The Sports Guy clearly states the rule for fans of championship teams:

12. After your team wins a championship, they immediately get a five-year grace period: You can't complain about anything that happens with your team (trades, draft picks, salary-cap cuts, coaching moves) for five years. There are no exceptions. For instance, the Pats could finish 0-80 over the next five years and I wouldn't say a peep. That's just the way it is. You win the Super Bowl, you go on cruise control for five years. Everything else is gravy.
I assume it holds true for college baseball.

Anyway, catching up has been a pain, and it might be another day or two before I resume my normal blogging routine. In my absence, I have to thank Matt for picking up the slack. He did a great job with the Astros-Rangers series (and I have to say that I feel very out-of-the-loop with the Stros right now) and everything else.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?