b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Astros-Cubs 6/30 

Roger Clemens and Matt Clement are locked in a 1-1 pitcher's duel. Well, I should say that The Rocket still is. Chicago's Clement exited in the 5th with the bases loaded, trailing 1-0. But the Cubs got out of the jam and pushed across the tying run in the bottom of the inning.

I don't think I need to stress the importance of a win today, especially since St. Louis lost again to Pittsburgh.

Last day for All-Star voting

I'm happy to report that I have voted for Adam Everett more than 100 times today. We might not be able to beat the Cards on the field, but we can out-stuff the ballot box... hopefully.

Going... Going...

In a big "F-You" to all of the haters on Hornfans.com, Craig Biggio launches his second solo HR of the day to put Houston ahead, 2-1, in the 7th.

Just last night, Jim Deshaies lamented the lack of Astros HRs this season (they rank 13 of 16 in the NL). Then Carlos Beltran hit a rocket to the Waverly Ave. Now Bidge adds two more today. It would be a great time to start climbing in those rankings.

Paging Ugueth Urbina

Dan Miceli comes in to hold the game in the 8th... and promptly surrenders a HR... to Michael Barret.

I think I surrender, too. Brad Lidge comes on to get three outs, but with the game tied 2-2, Houston has to score a run AND keep Chicago from scoring in the 9th.

Does anyone think they can do that? If not is there any chance one of those other meat-chunkers can hold Chicago after that?

My new favorite Astro

At least temporarily... CARLOS BELTRAN. Houston's newest "Killer B" hits an 0-2 bomb in the 9th for the game-winner (Lidge shut them down in the bottom of the inning). Astros win!

Carlos, since coming over, is 8 for 20 (.400) with 2 HR, 2 RBI, and 6 runs scored. I hope his hitting can rub off on the rest of the team (it did on Bidge today).

I haven't checked out Throws Like a Girl today, but she might be ready to propose.

Now for a downer

Wade Miller went on the 15-day DL. I have no idea who is pitching tomorrow, but whoever does better bring his A-game. Houston faces Mark Prior.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?