b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Morning Sports Shorts 

- Colorado is reinstating Gary Barnett: Isn't this a classic case of "Lack of Institutional Control"? Rick Neuheisel wins money in a bracket pool and Washington tosses him out the door. Barnett sits idly by while players and recruits rape co-eds, and he gets to keep his job. As much as I dislike Mack Brown, thank God we ended up with him instead of Barnett.

- Good night for ex-Astros: Pittsburgh's Daryle Ward hits for the cycle, while Vinny Castilla hit two bombs for the Rockies. I'm no sure Ward hit for a collective cycle in his entire tenure in Houston, but I wish him well. Maybe he'll pull a Luis Gonzalez spare-to-All-Star turnaround for the Pirates.

- Eddie George done in Tennessee: What's a broken-down, over-the-hill veteran RB worth on the free agent market? Please don't let Dallas find out.

- Bill Simmons on the Sox-Yanks: Frankly I'm tired of this rivalry already. They need a brawl or something to inject life back into it. Or more "JETER HAS AIDS" t-shirts.

- Michael Irvin belongs in the HOF: So says Peter King. I agree. Irvin was a warrior; the heart-and-soul of the Dallas Dynasty. BTW, I know his column ran on Monday, but I avoided it because he always covers The Sopranos. After a friend ruined that for me last night, I figured it didn't matter anymore.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?