b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Divine Intervention? 

The Astros broke a 5-game slide tonight, with struggling Roy Oswalt besting Carlos Zambrano, who had looked like a Cy Young candidate thus far.

You might say "that's baseball." Maybe there's another explanation.

I've attended a Tuesday-night Bible Study since mid-April, and as I turned on the radio to leave tonight, I heard Milo call the final three strikes to clinch an important win. It made me wonder what Houston's record was on nights that I chose God over baseball.

Here's what I found:

5/25 CHI W 5-0
5/18 missed Bible Study
5/11 FLA W 6-1
5/4 PIT W 4-3
4/27 game postponed
4/20 STL L 3-5
4/13 @STL W 5-3
So... 4-1 on those nights. Not bad, especially considering the competition. Of course there's really nothing to that. But, I thought it was an odd occurrence.

Anyway, tonight was a much-needed win. Roy O dropped his ERA by 0.40 points, in a strong outing. Lance Berkman also hit his 11th bomb. Hopefully this gets the club back on a winning track. They gave up a lot of ground in the Reds' sweep, and with a long stretch against Chicago and St. Louis, a hot streak is not necessary, but will prove beneficial in the long run.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?