b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

Astros-Reds II 

The Stros visit Cinci-nasty for the first time this season with a 4-game weekend series. Why do they call it Cinci-nasty, you ask?

Two words: Skyline Chili. Stain sums it up best in his OWA preview:

Anyway, as you may have heard before, Cincinnati is the place where chili goes to die. If you took a bowl of Cincinnati skyline chili, and tried to feed it to a Texas dog, the dog would tell you to lick his balls. And I’m pretty sure it’s still legal in Texas to shoot someone who puts cinnamon or chocolate or noodles in chili. Especially if they’re going to feed it to a poor dog.

My roommate, whose sales region used to include the 'Nati, also says that Cinci is full of mullets and a particular brand of female that he terms SOFAs (my second favorite acronym behind FUPAs).

Anyway... the Reds trail Houston by just two games in the NL Central, so taking at least three of the four would be nice. I have no idea how Cinci continues to win. Todd Van Freaking Poppell is making a case for their fifth starter, and the other three guys we see this series have ERAs upwards of 4.50.

I mentioned my disdain for the Reds prior to the first series with them. It hasn't changed. Astros win big this weekend. Roger gets No. 8, Dotel discovers the strike zone, and Baggy finally leaves the yard again!

Lastly, it seems that Latin America's favorite bat-corker, Sammy Sosa, has landed himself on the DL. The reason? He pulled a muscle sneezing. Stain has some fun with that gem of a story:

· That must have been o­ne honker of a sneeze that Sosa belted the other day. He ripped o­ne loud enough to sprain a ligament in his BACK. Every UT grad within earshot thought Gabriel had blown his f--king horn.

· I’ve never sneezed hard enough to sprain my back, but o­ne time I did take a dump that was so awesome, my back cracked. But it didn’t put me o­n the f--king disabled list.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?