b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Why Do We Do It? 

The Mavericks' season pretty much ended tonight when they fell to the Sacramento Kings 94-92. It wasn't their defense that failed them tonight, but rather their poor shooting, particularly at the free throw line.

I love the Mavs. I have since the mid-80's, when I realized that there was this cool game where people flew around on hardwood trying to put a ball through a hoop. I stuck with them through the hard times (that phrase doesn't even do justice to how hard it was) and rejoiced when Cuban bought the team and turned them around.

But here I sit tonight disappointed as hell, sulking like a 16 year old that got turned down for the prom because a group of professional athletes failed *me*. Why? Why do we do it?

Do we get much joy out of it? Even on the rare occasion that our teams do win a championship, we're sitting there the next day wondering how they are going to do it next year.

But I guess there is something to be said about going through strife before you reach the promised land, making it that much better when you finally do win, but it still sucks tonight.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?