b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 09, 2004

Vegas, baby! 

I've had Vegas on the brain lately. A few weeks ago, I read Bringing Down the House, about a group of MIT kids that card-counted their way to millions. The a few nights ago, my buddy Chris called to fill me in on his St. Patty's Day trip to Sin City.

And today, I happen upon The Sports Guy's latest piece of brilliance.

We're coming off a late-night gambling binge at the Hard Rock, one of those scary nights where you wake up in the same clothes -- on top of the covers, spooning the "Late Night Food" menu, reeking of cigarettes and spilled beer, praying your wallet is sitting on the nightstand.

Maybe you've been there. Your tongue feels like a piece of dry steak. You can see your breath. Your complimentary $7 bottled water has been mysteriously polished off; and you don't know whether to blame your roommate or yourself. You blink a few times to make sure your contacts aren't still in your eyes, then you say another prayer that they made it into their case.


I have been there (except for the contacts part). It's the greatest you can possibly feel, and still be hungover (barring a Texas Football National Championship, which I imagine would feel pretty good). The best part is... you're just an elevator away from doing it all again.

I think I want to plan a trip for this Summer. The LM has been away from Vegas for far too long.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?