b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Quick Hitters 

A few thoughts before bed...

I had a softball game tonight (we won, 11-4, to even our record at 3-3), so I had to tape the last few innings of the Astros game. By the time I left, though, Houston had pretty much sewn it up. Roger Clemens' debut couldn't have come at a better time or in better fashion. The Rocket struck out nine in seven innings and allowed just one hit in the 10-1 win... I caught part of Alan Keyes' address at the Black American's PAC 10th Anniversary Event today on C-SPAN. I'm not sure his oratory ability has a rival in today's political landscape. I'm a fan!... Ben Streusand's newest ad just aired. "I'm a businessman, not a lawyer," he proclaims. And? Why is business so superior to law? Could that statement actually sway anyone's vote? It's not like Michael McCaul made his name chasing ambulances (cough... John Edwards... cough). I can't figure out if these guys want to run clean campaigns, or if they're just that bad at slinging mud... The Tradition Like None Other gets underway tomorrow. Over/Under on the number of times Jim nantz uses that phrase? I say 102 -- on Thursday. I'm going to make a bold prediction: Tiger Woods... Condi Rice goes before the 9/11 Panel to answer questions tomorrow. I'm sure that wannabe Democrat John McClain will go out of his way to brown-nose John Kerry.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?