b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 12, 2004

Master of His Domain. 

Our long national nightmare is over! No, Air America hasn't gotten the ax yet, but Phil Mickelson finally won that elusive Major champioship. I rejoice in this fact, simply because now I don't have to hear about his Major futility any longer.

I've made no secret about my disdain for Lefty, after witnessing him crumble under the pressure too many times. Plus, I always felt that he played it safe too often, like the David Sims character in the movie Tin Cup. But it seems that Mickelson finally "went for it" and it paid off.

Congrats to Lefty. I'm still not a fan, but now the mere mention of his name no longer annoys me. Before everyone falls all over themselves annointing the newest owner of the Green Jacket, however, as one of the game's greats... keep this in mind: An old golf adage states that anyone can win a Major. But it takes two to rank as a Great golfer.

I figure Mick will probably win another one at some point, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. The real question now is: Who is the Best Golfer, who has yet to win a Major? I suppose Colin Montgomerie will draw that honor. Some might say Sergio Garcia, but I think he's too young for that moniker.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?