b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Fun With Mark Cuban 

I'm a Spurs fan, but I love Mark Cuban's antics. I think he's good for the NBA, and good for sports. I check out his blog a few times a week, and he recently had some negative things to say about San Antonio fans: "Spurs fans are just irritating and rude at all times."

Cuban, from what I hear, takes the time to answer most of his e-mail from fans, so I thought I'd send him a note about the comment.

Here is my message:

Hey Mark, I'd like to respond to your comment that "Spurs fans are just irritating and rude at all times."

Come on, that isn't true. I'm a Spurs fan, as are many of my friends. And though I can't vouch for every single one of them, the majority of us pull for the Mavs when the Spurs aren't playing. Hell, my Mavs buddies and I even tried to get tickets to watch y'all oust Sac-town in the second round last year.

I don't see a reason why Texas basketball fans have to follow the whole Houston/Dallas mentality, as it applies to the NFL. There are two (possibly soon-to-be three) premiere b-ball franchises in the state of Texas, and when no matter who you cheer for, I'd say the majority of Texans would rather pull for the in-state rival than see the NBA title go to LA or anywhere in the East.


His reply came about ten minutes later:

lets put it this way, I have been called by an owner to apologize for fan
behavior twice,and both times its been by the Spurs fans.

I have had things thrown at me , only at spurs games

The new mascot was so low rent, he came over to try to put me down in a
skit when the Spurs were UP 20 some points. Thats bullshit and lowrent.

its an earned title

thanks,

M


I followed that up with:

So it looks like you got me on that one. f the haters, man. At least one Spurs fan enjoys what you bring to the game.

AF


I haven't gotten anything back yet, but should he reply, I'll post his comments. I love that Cuban is so open with fans (and the media, too, based on his blog posts). A lot of people criticize his actions, but he nver shies away from explaining them, which I find refreshing these days.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?