b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 24, 2004

DVD Review: School of Rock 

Jack Black used to make me laugh. But in the 45 minutes that I spent watching this movie, I don't think I even cracked a smile.

Black's shtick just started to grate, almost from the outset. And combined with a pointless story and predictable plot points, I couldn't even muster the energy to finish watching.

I usually like dumb comedies. And I've enjoyed a lot of what Black has done in the past. But School of Rock just never clicked with me. Maybe it was the annoying children (particularly the brown-nosing Summer character), or the musician stereotypes, or the recycled characters (see: Joan Cusack in My Blue Heaven, or Sarah Silverman in anything that she's done). Maybe it was all of it. I don't know.

I do, however, know that I did not like this movie.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?