b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Condi on the Hot Seat 

I caught just a smidgen of Condi Rice's testimony this morning. I wish I had set the VCR, but I'm sure that either C-Span will air it later, or else one of the news services will provide a transcript. As a Condi proponent, I have little doubt that she will provide the panel with the answers that they're after. But let's be honest... our nation has become so partisan that no matter how well -- or poorly -- she does, a lot of people from the Right or the Left will cry "foul."

The Volokh Conspiracy addresses that with a humorous "Hardball" Bingo. I'll have to include updates for coverage that I find, which proves the speculation correct.

ADDED: Looks like Rice has already concluded her testimony, but the link does not include the Q&A follow-up.

The pedestrian FoxNews coverage of the testimony didn't include any of the aforementioned "talking points," but then again, it wasn't an op-ed either.

One quote I found Interesting: We're asking these questions on behalf of the American people," commissioner James Thompson, a former Republican governor of Illinois, told Fox News Thursday morning. Thompson added: "I don't think anybody's looking for an apology and I don't think an apology should be expected."

Snark! Richard Clarke isn't going to live that down anytime soon.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?