b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Are you serious? 

Bob Kerrey accuses Condi Rice of filibustering during the Q&A part of her 9/11 Commission appearance.

KERREY: I know it's important. Everything that's going on here is important. But I get 10 minutes.

RICE: But since we have a point of disagreement, I'd like to have a chance to address it.

KERREY: Well, no, no, actually, we have many points of disagreement, Dr. Clarke, but we'll have a chance to do in closed session. Please don't filibuster me. It's not fair. It is not fair. I have been polite. I have been courteous. It is not fair to me.

I understand that we have a disagreement.

RICE: Commissioner, I am here to answer questions. And you've asked me a question, and I'd like to have an opportunity to answer it.


Is the point of this to address things publically? Or is Kerrey merely looking to score a few cheap political points? Because it seems to me that if he intends to ascertain the full truth behind closed doors, then this testimony is nothing but a charade... at the expense of the taxpayer. Way to go, Bob!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?