b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 02, 2004

Politics: Three More Months 

America goes to the polls three months from today. Will we see George W. Bush win a second term, or will John Kerry sweep the President out of office? Who knows. I do know that it should be a nail-biting evening either way.

I still remember the last election like it was yesterday. I had intended to go downtown, where then-Gov. Bush held his Election Night rally. As fate would have it, I instead found myself couch-ridden, suffering from my fourth -- and most severe -- sinus infection of the season. I watched the returns, still pondering the ten mile drive to the Capitol, until passing out shortly after midnight, when the networks proclaimed Bush the winner.

Only when I awoke around 6 a.m., still on the couch, did I learn that Gov. Bush was not yet officially President-Elect. Of course we all know what ensued. By the time the recounts had finished, Governor Bush was President Bush, and I had fully recovered from what seemed like a three-month illness.

I haven't had a sinus infection since. Coincidence?


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?