b The Longhorn Mafia <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Golf: Tamed by Shadowglen 

I skipped out of work early yesterday to sneak in a round at Shadowglen, one of Austin's newer courses. If you're thinking about heading out there: Don't. The course is in decent shape, but unless you're really on top of your game, it's more trouble than it's worth (twighlight rate of $32).

The pin placements reminded me of a Sunday at the U.S. Open, and more than a few holes had doglegs that might have actually been 90 degrees. I'm nowhere good enough to consistently have to hit blind approach shots.

All in all, I didn't think that I shot as poorly as my 124 score indicated. Yes, I failed in the vow I made a few weeks ago, but I'll pretend it never happened, especially since the last three holes were played in almost complete darkness.

Blogging might be light today, as I play catch-up from yesterday afternoon's missed work. Hopefully this afternoon I can make time to write about the Astros-Braves series (didn't get to see last night's game, but kept tabs via my phone), and I have my King Arthur review almost finished.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?